Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] 10:39 - Sep 10 with 2547 viewsgiant_stow

Not sure which is better - that or Breaking Bad?

Breaking Bad is more action-packed, but Better Call Saul is perhaps better as a long long term watch and maybe a bit smarter / deeper?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 10:47 - Sep 10 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

I'm a big fan, always found Saul and Mike to be two of the most compelling characters in Breaking Bad. It's much slower paced but that works for the subject matter and makes it more character driven. It's a great show.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 10:48 - Sep 10 with 2075 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 2056 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

I think Breaking Bad had much bigger cliff hangers to make me want to watch the next episode but BCS is still cracking TV.

The character of Howard, Chuck, Mike and of cause Saul have been portrayed brilliantly. Plus it dosent have the annoyance of the wife and sister-in-law from breaking bad.

As you say the character development is much better in BCS

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:10 - Sep 10 with 2021 viewsRomeo4

Love them both. Perhaps have a leaning toward BB as the best as it was truly groundbreaking telly and Bryan Cranston is just so good. Looking forward to more BCS though.
The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:14 - Sep 10 with 2018 viewsIllinoisblue

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 10:48 - Sep 10 by Bloots

Oh indeed. Quite simply the best TV show ever made.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:20 - Sep 10 with 2006 viewsHerbivore

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:14 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

I concur. I rewatched it earlier this year and it remains staggering television.

Agree entirely. (n/t) on 11:22 - Sep 10 with 2000 viewsBloots

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:14 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

I watched it all twice over a couple of years..... on 11:23 - Sep 10 with 2000 viewsBloots

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:20 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

I concur. I rewatched it earlier this year and it remains staggering television.

.....then I accidentally caught the first two episodes on Atlantic the other week.

A 3rd viewing is now inevitable.

What a loser.

Login to get fewer ads

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:26 - Sep 10 with 1992 viewsgiant_stow

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 10:53 - Sep 10 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

I think Breaking Bad had much bigger cliff hangers to make me want to watch the next episode but BCS is still cracking TV.

The character of Howard, Chuck, Mike and of cause Saul have been portrayed brilliantly. Plus it dosent have the annoyance of the wife and sister-in-law from breaking bad.

As you say the character development is much better in BCS

Love Mike and his sighs. Love Saul / Jimmy, but also love his mrs who's got many layers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:26 - Sep 10 with 1994 viewsBlue_Order

The Wire
Gomorrah
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

That’s the top 4 of all time. If you disagree, you’re wrong.
The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:27 - Sep 10 with 1988 viewsgiant_stow

I was forgetting the Wire as I watched so long ago - will never forgot Omar!

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:28 - Sep 10 with 1980 viewsghostofescobar

Are all 5 seasons good? I only got as far as the first 2 seasons first time around.

GhostOfEscobar

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:29 - Sep 10 with 1978 viewsHerbivore

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:26 - Sep 10 by Blue_Order

The Wire
Gomorrah
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

I'll have to give Gomorrah a go, not seen it but I'm a big fan of the other three you've listed.

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:32 - Sep 10 with 1968 viewsgiant_stow

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:29 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

I'll have to give Gomorrah a go, not seen it but I'm a big fan of the other three you've listed.

Never seen Gomorrah, but everyone I know who has says its brilliant.

Honoruable mention to Ozark, as a good lower league performer.

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:36 - Sep 10 with 1956 viewsBiGDonnie

Better call Saul is so much better than breaking bad IMO, it has the two best characters from BB.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The thing with The Wire is that.... on 11:38 - Sep 10 with 1954 viewsBloots

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:27 - Sep 10 by giant_stow

I was forgetting the Wire as I watched so long ago - will never forgot Omar!

....characters that appear to be incidental at the time go on to be integral to everything and take on a life of their own.

Omar is a good example.

As is Bubbles.

In my opinion they get better as they go.... on 11:42 - Sep 10 with 1936 viewsBloots

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:28 - Sep 10 by ghostofescobar

Are all 5 seasons good? I only got as far as the first 2 seasons first time around.

....even if it's just the production values.

A few people I know didn't get past the second season, I can see why, it does drift away from the main storyline more than any other series.

The third series returns to the main theme and leaves the dockers behind.

You need to go back to it.

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:46 - Sep 10 with 1930 viewsBarcaBlue

Spent lockdown here catching up on widely recommended series. Didn't quite get the hype associated with Game of Thrones, entertaining enough but in the same way as Vikings and The Last Kingdom. Enjoyed The Sopranos more, was disappointed to get to the end of that.

Line of Duty was a big surprise, well acted, good story lines and Vicky McClure. Probably my fave so far. Then moved on to Luther, bit disappointing, daft storylines and often clichéd.

Will start on the The Wire next following the comments here, do you know which platform it's on?
Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:50 - Sep 10 with 1919 viewsBlue_Order

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:29 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

If you like the others, you’ll love Gomorrah. It’s superb. Season 1 is a masterpiece.

It's Sky Atlantic..... on 11:55 - Sep 10 with 1909 viewsBloots

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:46 - Sep 10 by BarcaBlue

Spent lockdown here catching up on widely recommended series. Didn't quite get the hype associated with Game of Thrones, entertaining enough but in the same way as Vikings and The Last Kingdom. Enjoyed The Sopranos more, was disappointed to get to the end of that.

Line of Duty was a big surprise, well acted, good story lines and Vicky McClure. Probably my fave so far. Then moved on to Luther, bit disappointing, daft storylines and often clichéd.

Will start on the The Wire next following the comments here, do you know which platform it's on?

....so Sky or Now TV.

I don't think it's on any other streaming service.

It's Sky Atlantic..... on 12:02 - Sep 10 with 1892 viewsBarcaBlue

It's Sky Atlantic..... on 11:55 - Sep 10 by Bloots

....so Sky or Now TV.

I don't think it's on any other streaming service.

Thanks, that's a bummer, just have access to HBO, Netflix and Prime. Will check the other recommendations above.
Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 12:18 - Sep 10 with 1867 viewsBlueorder

Just finished Better Call Saul [sad sigh] on 11:26 - Sep 10 by Blue_Order

The Wire
Gomorrah
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos

Six Feet Under?
It may well be on HBO..... on 12:26 - Sep 10 with 1853 viewsBloots

It's Sky Atlantic..... on 12:02 - Sep 10 by BarcaBlue

Thanks, that's a bummer, just have access to HBO, Netflix and Prime. Will check the other recommendations above.

....in fact I'm pretty sure it will be.

I was being annoyingly anglo centric there, not realising where you are.

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 12:48 - Sep 10 with 1803 viewsIllinoisblue

The correct answer is of course, "The Wire" (n/t) on 11:28 - Sep 10 by ghostofescobar

Season 5 has a storyline that’s a bit far-fetched/ridiculous but, still. Nothing is perfect.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It may well be on HBO..... on 13:14 - Sep 10 with 1748 viewsHerbivore

It may well be on HBO..... on 12:26 - Sep 10 by Bloots

....in fact I'm pretty sure it will be.

I was being annoyingly anglo centric there, not realising where you are.

Yeah it was a HBO series so I'd be amazed if it's not on there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024